Two week road maintenance works to begin 6 August 2018
Having successfully secured £5 million from the Department for Transport’s ‘Local Highways Maintenance Challenge Fund’ in August 2017 to resurface the A4103, A465 and A438, Herefordshire Council, in partnership with Balfour Beatty Living Places, today confirms the schedule for the second phase of works.
Works have been planned following feedback from local residents and businesses to minimise disruption where possible. They will be undertaken within a condensed two week work schedule in August 2018 and August 2019, with a combination of daytime and overnight road closures.
This year’s upgrades to the A4103 and A438 are scheduled to begin week commencing 6 August 2018 for two weeks:
Week commencing 6 August 2018
- Night works on the A4103 (from the bottom of Aylestone Hill roundabout to the A465 Bromyard junction) as a result there will be no access to the Bromyard Road or Aylestone Hill
- Between the junctions on the A4103 from Lumber Lane to Withies Road turning into Withington, both junctions will be inaccessible. Alternative access to Withington should be used at Southbank
- The A438 near Portway Inn to just before the junction with the B4230 will be closed
- The A438 from the B4230 junction to Byford with no access to the B4230
Week commencing 13 August 2018
- The A4103 between the Withies Road junction and the junction to Whitestone Business Park with both junctions being inaccessible
- Continuation of the A438 section from the B4230 junction to Byford with no access to the B4230
- Night works on the A438 from Oakchurch to Portway Inn
The completed works are set to deliver extensive benefits to residents, visitors and businesses through improved road conditions, which are anticipated to bring £146m of economic benefit to Herefordshire.
Businesses and residents who will be directly affected by the works will receive a letter in advance of the works confirming dates, times and access arrangements.
Diversion routes will be clearly signposted and further information can be found at www.herefordshire.gov.uk/roads
Published: Wednesday, 16th May 2018