Herefordshire Council Leader confirms change to Cabinet from 1 October 2021
Leader of Herefordshire Council, Councillor David Hitchiner, has announced a change to the Cabinet, to take effect from 1 October 2021.
Councillor Felicity Norman will step aside from her Cabinet role but will continue her duties as a ward member.
Cllr Hitchiner said:
“Since the election in May 2019 Cllr Norman has led two of the most challenging Portfolios in the Cabinet and I am very grateful for her willingness to take these on. She has shown extraordinary commitment and dedication to do the very best for our county.”
Following a two month absence from Cabinet for personal reasons, Councillor Pauline Crockett will return to the role she held previously as Cabinet Member for Health and Adult Wellbeing.
All other Cabinet roles remain the same.
The Cabinet from Friday 1 October 2021 will be:
- Councillor David Hitchiner - Leader of Herefordshire Council / Corporate strategy and budget
- Councillor Liz Harvey – Deputy Leader of Herefordshire Council / Finance, Corporate Services and Planning
- Councillor Diana Toynbee - Children’s and Family Services, and Young People’s Attainment
- Councillor Gemma Davies - Commissioning, Procurement and Assets
- Councillor Ellie Chowns – Environment and Economy
- Councillor Pauline Crockett - Health and Adult Wellbeing
- Councillor John Harrington - Infrastructure and Transport
- Councillor Ange Tyler - Housing, Regulatory Services and Community Safety
Cllr Norman said:
“Due to a current conflict of interest I am stepping aside from my Cabinet role, however I will be continuing my duties as a ward member. I have enjoyed my time in Cabinet and wish my colleagues well in the future.”