Museums and galleries events and exhibitions
Exhibitions at Hereford Museum and Art Gallery
Hereford Museum and Art Gallery is closed temporarily. For further information see the Herefordshire Museums page. The exhibition programme is postponed until further notice.
Events and exhibitions at The Old House, Hereford
Spring half term 28 May - 5 June
Nature and Furniture Trail.
The Old House contains some beautifully carved furniture, the designs themselves taking inspiration from the natural world.
Children and adults alike are welcome to come and take part in our nature trail and appreciate the craftsmanship that has gone into decorating these centuries old pieces.
All the Fun of the Fair!
Our May Fair photographic display continues throughout Half Term. Come in and see our display of images from Hereford’s traditional May Fair on the first floor.
Craft workshops at the Museum Resource and Learning Centre
Craft workshops leaflet
The following workshops will be held from 10am to 4pm.
- Wednesday 2 March - Easter Table Centre. Make an Easter table centre using wet and needle felting techniques
- Wednesday 6 April - Knitting Patterns. Reading and understanding a knitting pattern and making samples of techniques
- Wednesday 4 May - Button Day. Making a Dorset button style with a modern twist
- Wednesday 1 June - Embroidery day. Explore lovely couching techniques
- Wednesday 6 July - Rigid Heddle Loom. Warping, weaving and sampling on the rigid heddle loom
- Wednesday 3 August - Quilting Day. Explore quilting techniques and make a small item to take home
- Wednesday 7 September - Book Making. Traditionally made hand stitched book making
Cost: £45 per person. Tea, coffee and biscuits provided but please bring your own packed lunch.
If you would like to attend please pick up a booking form from the Old House or the Museum Resource and Learning Centre or email email@example.com
Meet the experts, see the collections
On the first Wednesday of every month from 10am until 1pm there is the opportunity for you to come along to the Museum Resource and Learning Centre to meet the curators and see the collections. Bring an item for identification or as a donation, take a tour of our state of the art storage facilities or ask for advice on conserving your own artefacts.
You can meet the experts on costumes and textiles, natural history, archaeology, fine and decorative arts, social history, arms and armour who will be available to answer enquiries
Peter Reavill - the Finds Liaison Officer for the county - will attend some of the sessions. Find out more information about Finds Liaison and the Portable Antiquities Scheme.
Please phone 01432 383383 for more details.