Childcare Support Fund for adult learners

The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) Learner Support Fund may be able to offer you support with childcare funding for the time you are taking courses.

To be eligible for Childcare Support Funding you must be:

  • Aged 20 or over
  • Studying for a qualification at level 3 or below
  • In financial hardship - your learning provider might ask for proof that you’re on a low income

You are likely to qualify if one of the following applies to you:

  • You receive a qualifying benefit
  • You are an unwaged dependant of someone who receives a qualifying benefit
  • You have a personal gross income of less than £18,525 or your gross household income is under £32,000

If you’re 19 and want help with childcare costs, you can apply for Care to Learn instead. You can still apply for Learner Support for help with other costs, like travel.

Childcare Support Fund conditions

All applications for funding are subject to the application process and approved by Herefordshire Council. The application form is part of that process. Completing the form does not guarantee an offer of funding for a childcare place.

Before you complete the application please read the conditions. 

  • All Childcare providers must be registered with OFSTED
  • In the event of a quarantine or lockdown we reserve the right to adjust the bursary to reflect the situation within funding limitations.
  • Payment to be made by BACS directly to the Childcare provider.
  • Awards are based on the information shown on this form.
  • All payments are based on student attendance and funding will be withdrawn if this is not satisfactory. Learners will only receive assistance for the hours of care the learner is at a Herefordshire Council Adult and Community Learning funded course.
  • The student is responsible for all childcare costs incurred if they do not attend or if they withdraw from the course. If funding is withdrawn the student is responsible for payment of any outstanding accounts.
  • If the child is not entitled to nursery grant funding at the start of term but becomes eligible during the course, the changes must be included on this form and the learner should notify us.
  • You must use your Government funded hours for timetabled hours before any other claim can be made.
  • Childcare Support Funding is not guaranteed
  • The Childcare Contract is between the childcare provider and the learner – not Herefordshire Council. Any additional childcare costs incurred which are not covered by the childcare support bursary fund award will be the responsibility of the learner.

Apply for Childcare Support Funding

Privacy notice for Childcare Support Fund