Register a new property name
Please be aware that if your property is numbered then you will need also need to register it with street naming and numbering.
To register a new name or change a house name you must:
- Be the owner of the property
- Inform Electoral services by completing our new property registration form
- Include a location map indicating the property
- Check the name change with the Royal Mail
- Inform you if changing your house name will conflict with any other property in the area, as this can cause problems with credit ratings and the emergency services
- Notify the following, once the name has been approved by the Royal Mail: council departments, the land registry, police, water companies and two major credit reference companies
The above also applies to commercial properties. If you would like an application form for a change or registration of a commercial address or would like any further information regarding house name changes and registrations please contact us.