Change your house name
You need to let Electoral services know before you change the name of your house, as it is listed on the Electoral Register.
To make a change to a house name you must:
- Be the owner of the house. If you are a tenant, or you are purchasing the property and the contracts have not yet exchanged, we cannot proceed with your request.
- Inform Electoral services by completing our house name change form
- Include a location map indicating the property
We charge a £25 administration fee. Cheques should be made payable to Herefordshire Council.
- Check the name change with the Royal Mail
- Inform you if changing your house name will conflict with any other property in the area, as this can cause problems with credit ratings and the emergency services
- Notify council departments, the land registry, police, water companies and two major credit reference companies of the name change
If your property has a number and a street name, you cannot remove the house number, without informing us and getting agreement from the whole street.