Report an abandoned vehicle
Abandoning a vehicle is a criminal offence. We have a legal duty to remove any vehicle that appears to have been abandoned within Herefordshire. This includes vehicles on any open land or part of the highway. Unless an unattended vehicle is a health and safety risk, we will remove a vehicle after it has been stationary for a three week period.
We consider a vehicle abandoned if:
- It has been stationary for a significant amount of time and it appears that it is not being used
- It doesn’t have a number plate
- It has one or more flat tyres
- There are weeds or litter surrounding it, or mould and waste inside
- Its brake discs are rusty, which shows the vehicle is unused
- Its windows are broken
- It is unroadworthy
To report an abandoned vehicle, please provide the following details:
- The vehicle location
- The vehicle make, model, colour and registration number
- The vehicle condition
- How long the vehicle has been there
We may only remove abandoned vehicles from private land with the land owner’s consent.