What you'll need to make a claim for Universal Credit
Universal Credit can only be claimed online.
To make a claim for Universal Credit, you’ll need:
- Your National Insurance number
- Your address
- Details of the bank, building society or Post Office account you want Universal Credit paid into
- Your tenancy agreement (if you have one) and rent that you pay
- Your landlord's address and phone number
- Details of your savings
- Details of any income that’s not from work
- Details of any other benefits you’re getting
- Your childcare costs
- Your child benefit reference numbers for your children
You may also need these details for your partner and other people who live in your home.