We use cookies

Web upgrade

An upgrade is taking place on Thursday 13 Aug between 9am and 12pm. Unfortunately during this time our online forms will be unavailable. We are sorry if this causes a problem. Please retry after 12pm

Targeted short breaks allowance scheme for SEND children

Herefordshire Council's short breaks allowance scheme is aimed at children with special educational needs and disabilities who require extra support to take part in leisure activities. The funding will be uploaded directly on to a prepaid card account, which you use like a bank/ debit card, to pay for your chosen activities.

Who can apply?

If your child already has an Educational and Health Care Plan (EHCP) which shows that they are on Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tariff D or E, you can apply online (you will need to register/sign in to do this and the link is below).

If your child is not on SEN tariff D or E but you feel he or she needs extra support to take part in activities, under certain circumstances, you may still be able to apply. For further information see our targeted short breaks allowance special circumstances statement.

What can the allowance be used for?

Every child is unique and you will want to choose activities that suit your child and your family. You may also need to pay a contribution to the activity provider.

Information about the scheme's target group, terms and conditions and how to apply for an allowance can be found in the supporting documents section on this page.

What SEN tariff is my son or daughter on?

If your child has an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP), the SEN tariff can be found near the end of the plan under "Top-up Funding" in section l. You can request a copy of the EHCP from the SEN team at senteam@herefordshire.gov.uk or call 01432 260088 or 260089.

If, after having read the information provided, you are interested in applying for a targeted short breaks allowance for your child, please follow the appropriate link below (you will need to sign in to use this service):