Privacy notice on childcare funding
This notice is for all children in receipt of two, three and four year old funding and children who are in receipt of inclusion funding from October 2014.
Data Protection Act 1998
Your child's early years setting (nursery/ pre-school etc.) is the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act. The setting collects information from you, and may receive information about your child from a previous school or setting. The setting holds this personal data and uses it to:
- Ensure that the early years setting receives appropriate funding
- Provide appropriate pastoral care
- Support your child's teaching and learning
- Monitor and report on your child's progress
This information includes:
- Your child's contact details
- Characteristics such as ethnicity, special educational needs and any relevant medical information
The law requires the setting to pass some information to the local council and the Department for Education (DfE). The setting will not give information about your child to anyone else outside the setting without your consent. If you want to see a copy of any information held by the setting about you or your child, please contact them directly.
As well as information about your child, the setting may also securely transfer copies of your completed parent declaration forms and copies of your invoices or bills.
How we will use the information we hold about you
Herefordshire Council holds this personal data and uses it to:
- Ensure that the early years setting receives appropriate funding, including supplementary payments for children with special educational needs
- Meet funding requirements for early years places in Herefordshire
- Ensure there are sufficient early years places in the Herefordshire area to support your child's teaching and learning
- Assess how well the early years setting is doing
- Ensure that the setting is administrating the funding or free entitlement appropriately
- Enable us to carry out other specific functions for which we are responsible, such as school admissions and children's centres
Access to information is conducted on a strictly need to know basis. We hold the information securely and confidentially. We may securely share the information across the council or with our commissioned partners. We retain information according to our document retention policy before we securely dispose of or delete the information from our electronic systems.
Right of access to personal information
Under the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998, you have a right to request a copy of any information we hold about you. We may charge you up to £10 for provision of non-healthcare and non-educational related information and up to a maximum of £50 for any healthcare or education records.
If you wish to request access to your information, please contact email@example.com.
It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you in order to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please ensure that you inform us as soon as possible so that we can update your records.
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary, as outlined in our record retention schedules. All information will be destroyed under confidential conditions. More information about the Data Protection Act and your rights under it can be found on the Information Commissioners Office website.
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact the Data Protection Officer, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE or email firstname.lastname@example.org