Flood recovery grants
On 18 February 2020, central government announced that they will provide financial support to those affected by flooding in Herefordshire from storms Dennis and Ciara.
Applications for our hardship schemes are open until 22 May 2020 and we encourage everyone who is entitled to do so, to make an application.
We appreciate that this has been a very difficult time for you and we will endeavour to process your application as soon as possible.
Community Flood Recovery Grant for residential properties
- The grant is for £500 and paid direct to the household
- Households are eligible where flood water has entered the habitable areas of the property, or the residence is considered unliveable for any period of time due to flooding
- The grant does not apply to empty homes, second homes or student accommodation
- Flooding support leaflet - home
Business Flood Recovery Grant for business premises
- The grant is up to £2,500 per small / medium sized enterprises affected, as a grant paid direct to the enterprise
- Enterprises are eligible where the enterprise is directly impacted or has directly suffered losses of as a result of the flooding that cannot be recovered from insurance
- Charities, community groups, not for profit organisations, village hall committees, clubs (sporting and other types) and associations are eligible as long as they meet the definition of Enterprise in the context of small / medium sized businesses. These organisations must demonstrate their uninsured loss
- Flooding support leaflet - business