Apply for a Blue Badge
If you're disabled, have severe mobility problems and have difficulty using public transport, you may qualify for a Blue Badge which lasts for three years.
It's a way you can park close to your destination and travel independently.
It is a criminal offence to use someone else's Blue Badge or drive a vehicle displaying a badge unless the badge holder is a passenger in the vehicle or if the pass has expired. If you do so you are liable for a fine of up to £1,000.
You can apply for or renew a blue badge on GOV.UK
Alternatively you can apply using our downloadable forms.
If you want us to send you an application form in the post please complete our contact us form. Please provide your postal address.
Completing your Blue Badge application
With your application, you will need:
- One passport sized photograph signed on the back
- One proof of your address
- One proof of your identity
- £10 admin charge (if your application is unsuccessful, we will refund the charge)
- Proof of your automatic eligibility if applying under the eligible without further assessment criteria
- Any supporting evidence that would assist the assessment for non-automatic applications if applying under the 'eligible subject to further assessment' criteria
Once your application is completed, please return it to Blue Badge Section, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE. Alternatively, you can scan and email your application and supporting documents to email@example.com The team will then contact you for payment.
- Can be hand delivered to Blueschool House, Blueschool Street, Hereford, during office hours only which are 9am - 4pm, Monday to Friday (please note there is no post facility outside these times)
Change the details on your Blue Badge
To update your details complete the form on the government's Change the details on your Blue Badge page.