Our Children and Young People's Plan aims to make sure that children and young people in the county are given the best possible start in start in life so that they grow up healthy, happy and safe within supportive family environments. The plan provides a framework that all members of the Herefordshire Children and Young People’s Partnership can use to address the strategic needs of children, young people and their families in Herefordshire. The Chair of the Children and Young People's Partnership is the Cabinet member for Young People and Children’s Wellbeing.
The priorities of the Children and Young People's Partnership are to:
- Find ways to identify and respond earlier to critical issues affecting children and young people's development
- Provide early years support to improve the health, wellbeing, developmental and educational outcomes of children under five
- Contribute to the mental health and emotional wellbeing of those who need help by making it easier for them to access our services
- Protect children and young people at risk by better meeting their safeguarding needs
- Address the specific challenges of teenagers by successfully supporting their behavioural, emotional and social needs as they progress into adulthood
- Improve the range of services and education and learning opportunities available to children and young people with disabilities