Herefordshire Intensive Placement Support Service (HIPSS)
HIPSS provide a therapeutic fostering service to help children and young people with complex needs. It offers those who have experienced significant trauma in their lives an opportunity to overcome adversity and have the chance to form stable and secure relationships with their carers and learn to be a child again.
HIPSS is a dedicated, friendly and creative team of professionals from psychology, education, social care, fostering and youth work providing a full wrap around support system for children and young people with complex needs from 7 to 18 years old.
Therapeutic fostering is so much more than just providing a safe place to live, it's about:
- Consistency, security and an emotionally warm relationship
- Opportunities to build and enhance skills and resilience
- Being able to see where a child is both emotionally and developmentally
- Having belief in a child and being hopeful about change
- Recognising small changes and glimmers of hope
- Understanding what lies beneath a traumatised child's behaviour
- Being able to work as part of a team around the child or young person
- Asking for help and support when it's needed
- Being patient and persistent
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Compassion, empathy and respect
- The capacity to look beyond a child's behaviour
- A commitment to supervision, training, development and asking for support
- A desire to work as part of a team
- The ability to offer one to one support
Please note that any other child or children in your household should be aged over 14 and be in a secure place.
- An excellent allowance which covers all costs
- A team of dedicated and highly trained professionals to support you
- Excellent supervision and training opportunities to develop your skills
- 24 hour support
- The chance to make a difference for children and young people!