Business Futures Forum
The Business Futures Forum provides a network of support and information for local businesses looking to increase their efficiency and profitability while enhancing their sustainability and reducing their environmental impact.
Benefits of free membership
- Improved cost effectiveness to member businesses resulting in increasing competitiveness, and potentially creating jobs
- Reduced CO2 emissions, environmental impact and waste
- Use of Business Futures Forum logo
- Positive PR for member companies resulting in increased customer base and improvements to staff morale
- Chance to see case studies and new initiatives first hand
- Access to members only Linkedin discussion group
- Ideas sharing on practical solutions
- Networking opportunities
- Regular newsletters
Forum meetings are held quarterly and focus on a range of topics, such as energy, resource efficiency, transport, waste, operations efficiency, grants, funding and legislation. Meetings focus wherever possible on case studies and tours of members premises.
A visit to Weston's Cider
Date: Thursday 28th June 2018
Time: 4.30pm - 6.30pm
Venue: Weston's Cider, The Bounds, Much Marcle, Ledbury, Herefordshire HR8 2NQ
Theme: Progress in production and resource efficiency and how they have developed solutions for waste management and particularly dirty water.
Very Kindly this is being hosted by Weston's Cider based at Much Marcle. Helen Thomas (Managing Director) and her colleagues will be giving us a unique insight into the history and current operations of the business and discussing and demonstrating progress in production and resource efficiency and how they have developed solutions for waste management and particularly dirty water. This will be a very exciting visit and will culminate in cider tasting and an opportunity to talk and share best practice with other likeminded businesses after the main discussion and tour.
Do book your place ASAP through Eventbrite by following the link below as places will be limited and much sought after.
Most recent past event
Business Energy Efficiency Programme Sustainability Forum
- Date: Wednesday 31 January 2018
- Time: 8am - 11am
- Venue: Arctic Circle, Coldnose Court, Coldnose Road, Hereford HR2 6JL
- Theme: Offering a sustainable business model through new technology and investment
Arctic Circle are a privately owned British Manufacturer of innovative low carbon solutions for the heat transfer market. Details of registration to be sent out nearer the time.
Membership is open to all businesses. The network is overseen by a steering group made up of local businesses with support from Herefordshire Council.
Our current Chair is Gareth Williams of the Caplor Group.
Gareth Williams - Caplor Energy
Gareth says "The opportunity to improve business profitability through improved efficiency and the adoption of a more sustainable approach is vast and inspiring - Business futures forum will help us see how good business really is good for business."