The Business Futures Forum provides a network of support and information for local businesses looking to increase their efficiency and profitability while enhancing their sustainability and reducing their environmental impact.
Benefits of free membership
- Improved cost effectiveness to member businesses resulting in increasing competitiveness, and potentially creating jobs
- Reduced CO2 emissions, environmental impact and waste
- Use of Business Futures Forum logo
- Positive PR for member companies resulting in increased customer base and improvements to staff morale
- Chance to see case studies and new initiatives first hand
- Access to members only Linkedin discussion group
- Ideas sharing on practical solutions
- Networking opportunities
- Regular newsletters
Forum meetings are held quarterly and focus on a range of topics, such as energy, resource efficiency, transport, waste, operations efficiency, grants, funding and legislation. Meetings focus wherever possible on case studies and tours of members premises.
MMBEN Event 17: Charging Ahead: Greening Energy Management
A study published last month showed that more than a quarter of British businesses believed renewable energy to be a passing trend, despite almost 60% of these stating that it is key to a cleaner future. Join us to hear from businesses in Shropshire and see if it really is here to stay.
- Location: Marches Centre of Manufacturing and Technology, 19 Estate Road, Bridgnorth WV15 5HR
- Date: Wednesday 10 October 2018
- Time: 9.30am to 12.45pm then lunch and networking
Charging Ahead: greening energy management - Programme
9.30 – 10.00 Registration, exhibition and networking
10:00 – 10:10: Introduction
10:10 – 10:40: ISO150001 and gas generation (Abbey Morris, Bridgnorth Aluminium)
10:40 – 11:10: Energy storage Schemes (Grant Brackley, Northern Industrial Battery Services)
11:10 – 11:40: Coffee and networking
11:40 – 12:00: Anaerobic digestion: case study (Swancote Energy)
12:00 – 12:20: Solar energy: commercial applications (Tom Smith, Go Green Systems)
12:20 – 12:40: Your business, energy and the planet (Nathan Badger, Optimise Energy)
12:40 – 12:45: Closing comments
12:45 – 14:00: Lunch and networking
14:15 – 15:00: Site visit (optional - please book in advance)
The event will cover all aspects of energy management in business - from the standards and schemes available to the wider implications of energy usage as climate change becomes a 'hot' topic. Case studies from our members will provide real examples of how different energy systems can be used within a commercial setting. As always this event has been chosen by a vote from our member businesses. There will be plenty of opportunity for networking between the presentation sessions and we hope to continue our high standards of lunch to help continue the conversations!
Booking is essential for this event and there are also opportunities for businesses to exhibit at the event. In addition, there is an optional site tour of Bridgnorth Aluminium, however this must be booked in advance.
Please email email@example.com call us on 01743 284274 or 01743 284276 to book or discuss in more detail. Please also feel free to forward this information to any of your business contacts who may also be interested in attending.
When booking, please let us know if you have any mobility issues or dietary requirements.
Most recent past event
A visit to Weston's Cider
- Date: Thursday 28 June 2018
- Time: 4.30pm - 6.30pm
- Venue: Weston's Cider, The Bounds, Much Marcle, Ledbury, Herefordshire HR8 2NQ
- Theme: Progress in production and resource efficiency and how they have developed solutions for waste management and particularly dirty water.
This was very kindly hosted by Weston's Cider based at Much Marcle. Helen Thomas (Managing Director) and her colleagues gave a unique insight into the history and current operations of the business and discussed and demonstrated progress in production and resource efficiency and how they have developed solutions for waste management and particularly dirty water. This was a very exciting visit that culminated in cider tasting and an opportunity to talk and share best practice with other likeminded businesses after the main discussion and tour.