Free business advice
Herefordshire Council aims to make the county prosperous and economically successfully, which brings opportunity and improves the standard of living for our residents. We also try to encourage new employers and businesses to the county and the economic development team provides strategic support and advice to businesses and employers. There are also a number of organisations that provide specialist information and advice to new and existing businesses.
If you are looking for help and support for your business, the Marches Growth Hub is the best place to start. It provides a one stop shop for information and guidance on all the business support that is available to enterprises in Herefordshire across the region, no matter what their size or sector.
- The Government website GOV.UK contains essential information, support and services, including useful online tools, calculators and best practice case studies. It also gives access to funding options
- Federation of Small Businesses is the UK's largest campaigning pressure group promoting and protecting the interests of the self-employed and owners of small firms
- Herefordshire & Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce is a member-led, not for profit organisation that supports the local business community and specifically its network of member businesses
- Herefordshire Business Board is the voice of business in Herefordshire, and encourages sustainable development and investment in the county. Board members are mostly private business owners, though business groups like the Rural Hub, the Chamber of Commerce and Federation of Small Business, along with third sector organisations are also represented
- Start Up Britain is set up by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs. It's a national campaign that guides new business through the wealth of advice, support and funding that's available to them
- Marches Local Enterprise Partnership is a business-led private and public sector group that works to regenerate the economy of Herefordshire and other parts of the Welsh Marches
- Social enterprise business support - Social enterprises are businesses set up to tackle social problems and/or improve the environment. They operate in all areas of business from transport to catering, tourism, care farms, horticulture, cultural, arts, community shops and cafes. Social enterprises can also take over the running of public services and service delivery