Check progress of an application
Visit our planning application search to:
- See all applications received and decisions made
- View consultation deadlines for an application
- Check the progress and status of an application
- View comments made on an application
- View all applications in an area
The statutory period for consultation is 21 days from receipt of the planning application. This date is published in notification letters, the press, site notices and on this website. In order that representations may be properly taken into account, it is important that the time allowed for submission as stated on the notification is strictly observed. The council is able to make a decision on an application at any time after the publicity period has expired and should normally make a decision within 8 weeks of a valid application being made.
The majority of decisions are made by Officers under Delegated Powers. Where this is not the case the application will be determined by the Planning Committee and meeting dates, agendas and minutes are available online.