European funds and grants
Herefordshire has been allocated some £25m from The Marches European and Structural Funds Strategy to be used between 2014 and 2020 on what are seen as key growth priorities. This includes innovation, research and development, support for small and medium sized enterprise, low carbon technologies, skills and employment, and social inclusion.
We work with a wide range of partners across the region and in Europe and our aim is always to make sure that available funding is used as effectively as possible and that we are influencing policy decisions.
European Structural Investment Funds
The purpose of European Structural Investment Funds is to invest in job creation and a sustainable and healthy European economy and environment. Programmes run at Marches LEP area level, regionally or nationally.
Who can apply for funding
- SMEs and third sector organisations working in Herefordshire can apply for European funding and other types of support to assist with growth, business development and skills. For more information visit the Marches Growth Hub.
- Organisations that are looking to apply for European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) can apply for ERDF fund programmes managed at the Marches LEP area level, regionally or nationally. For ERDF funding opportunities, please visit the Funding Finder.
European Social Fund (ESF)
The European Social Fund (ESF) supports employment in the member states of the European Union. The ESF Technical Assistance project for the Marches area offers support and information to organisations interested in developing and applying for employment and skills and social inclusion ESF projects in Herefordshire, Shropshire and Telford and Wrekin. The project is part funded by ESF and is managed by Herefordshire Council and delivered in partnership with Shropshire Council, Telford and Wrekin Council and the Marches LEP. It runs until December 2018.
For ESF funding opportunities please visit the Funding Finder.
The Building Better Opportunities website provides programme information and resources for Social Inclusion and the Building Better Opportunities development fund in the Marches.
For further information please contact the Technical Assistance Team:
- Employment and Skills contact Stephanie Jones at Stephanie.email@example.com or call 07792 880763
- Social Inclusion contact Kate MacDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01743 258521
- More information about European funding opportunities and the LEP can be found on the Marches LEP pages.
Other EU funding programmes
There are other funding opportunities to help:
- SMEs get better access to finance and market
- International study, work and training
- Creative sector
- Nature, biodiversity, conservation, environmental and climate change projects
- Prevent inequality and discrimination - Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme (REC)
If you want to know more about European funds that are available to businesses and organisations in Herefordshire, call our Senior Policy and Funding Officer, Vinia Abesamis on 01432 260625 or email email@example.com