European funds and grants
Herefordshire has been allocated some £25m from the The Marches European and Structural Funds Strategy to be used between 2014 and 2020 on what are seen as key growth priorities. This includes, innovation, research and development, support for small and medium sized enterprise, low carbon technologies, skills and employment, and social inclusion.
We work with a wide range of partners across the region and in Europe and our aim is always to make sure that available funding is used as effectively as possible and that we are influencing policy decisions.
Who can apply for funding
- SMEs and third sector organisations working in Herefordshire can apply for European funding and other types of support to assist with growth, business development and skills. For more information visit the Marches Growth Hub.
- Organisations that are looking to apply for European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) can apply for ERDF fund programmes managed at the LEP level, regionally or nationally. For ERDF funding opportunities, please visit the Funding Finder. More information about European funding opportunities and the LEP can be found on the Marches LEP pages.
- Training providers, public bodies, universities, voluntary service organisations can apply to the European Social Fund (ESF).
Other EU funding programmes
There are other funding opportunities to help:
- SMEs get better access to finance and market
- International study, work and training
- Creative sector
- Nature, biodiversity, conservation, environmental and climate change projects
- Prevent inequality and discrimination - Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme (REC)
If you want to know more about European funds that are available to businesses and organisations in Herefordshire, call our Senior Policy and Funding Officer, Vinia Abesamis on 01432 260625 or email email@example.com