Service to Civvy Street

This booklet is for you if you have served in the armed forces or if you are the partner, spouse or family member of someone who has served in the armed forces.

An ex-service person, also called a veteran, is someone who has served at least one day in the Armed Forces regardless of their rank, gender, age or reason for leaving. There may have been time to plan for discharge from the armed forces or this may have happened suddenly.

Whatever the discharge circumstances, this booklet is to help you and/or your family members settle into civilian life in Herefordshire.

Download the Service to Civvy Street booklet

The booklet covers housing, employment, healthcare, education, council tax and benefits, veterans groups and service charities, community safety and tourism and events.

This booklet was funded by the Ministry of Defence's Community Covenant Grant Scheme and produced for Herefordshire's Civilian Military Task Group in partnership with Worcestershire County Council.

Copies are available at various venues across the county but regular supplies will be held at the Military Charities Helpdesk.

The helpdesk is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays 10am to 2pm at the Hereford Customer Service Centre, Blueschool House, Blueschool Street, Hereford HR1 2LX.
Appointments are now also available on Mondays.

Contact details

If you have any questions, comments or queries, please contact: