Things we can collect
We can collect free standing bulky domestic items which weigh more than 25 kilograms and which do not fit in a domestic bin. As a guide, this is items that you would take with you when you move house.
A maximum of two average people should be able to safely carry each item to, and load it onto, the collection vehicle. If items are dismantled please leave each item in its own pile so that each item is clearly identifiable.
The following list is only intended to provide you with an idea of the types of items we can collect. It is not exhaustive.
- Bed base and fixed headboard (if not fixed then two items)
- Bedside table
- Bunk bed (each bed is one item)
- Cabinet (free standing)
- Carpet (per roll, maximum 12 foot length of roll)
- Chairs (each chair is one item)
- Chest of drawers
- Children's swing or climbing frame (must be fully dismantled)
- Cooker - gas or electric (free standing only)
- Corner sofa (each section is one item)
- Cupboard (free standing)
- Dressing table
- Dressing table chair
- DVD/video player
- Fridge/freezer (maximum of three a year) - Must be empty and free standing only. No commercial fridges or freezers accepted
- Lawnmower (no sit-on mowers)
- Mattress (please cover if raining to prevent it being too heavy to lift)
- Ottoman box
- PC monitor
- PC tower
- Piano (standing piano only, must have wheels and be placed in a location where it can be wheeled to the collection vehicle over a flat, level surface without steps or stones (gravel))
- Sun lounger
- Trampoline (must be fully dismantled)
- Tumble dryer
- Underlay (per roll, maximum 12 foot length of roll)
- Washing machine
- Wardrobe (free standing)
Items collected that are suitable for reuse are donated to St Michael's Hospice.