We use cookies

Coronavirus information

Information on how coronavirus is affecting our services across the county and the latest updates

Household recycling centres may only be used by Herefordshire residents to dispose of their own household waste.

You will need a permit if you wish to use a commercial type vehicle or a trailer larger than 1.3m in length to take your household waste to one of our household recycling centres.

See if you need a CVT permit for your vehicle

Herefordshire residents can apply online for a CVT permit. You need to apply for a permit before you go. As it can take up to 10 working days to receive your permits in the post, make sure you apply in plenty of time.

Apply for a CVT permit - administered by Worcestershire CC

Supporting evidence for application

To apply for permits you will need to supply a copy of your vehicle registration document (V5). This can be uploaded on the online system. If you are not the registered keeper you may use the following evidence, a:

  • Letter of authorisation from your employer
  • Vehicle hire agreement form issued by hire company
  • Long-term lease agreement
  • Mobility agreement

If you have technical difficulties applying online, please call Worcestershire County Council on 01905 765765.

Permit rules

  • All commercial type vehicles and trailers exceeding 1.3m in length require a permit
  • A household can have up to 12 permits a year (April to March)
  • Only residents are eligible to receive permits. A copy of your vehicle registration document (V5C) is required to complete your application as proof that the vehicle is registered to a resident
  • Permits are issued on a pro-rata basis from April to March. So, allowing for 1 permit per calendar month, if you applied in October you will receive 6 permits
  • Permits expire on 31 March of the financial year in which they were issued. We cannot accept them after this date, so you will need to reapply each financial year
  • You must give your permit to staff at the site when you get there
  • Each permit allows one visit at any time
  • If you need to make any changes to your permits, return the permits first and we will issue replacements on a like for like basis
  • No business or trade waste is permitted at household recycling centres