Free holiday cycling activities
Please check back early next year to book the February half-term activities.
About the cycling activities
Learn to Ride
- Two-hour sessions for 4-11 year olds to help young riders move from balance bikes or stabilisers onto pedals
- Parents are required to stay during these sessions
- Two-hour sessions for 6-11 year olds to learn more advanced cycling skills
- Parents are not required to stay during these sessions
- A short, off-road cycle ride, suitable for all ages
- Parents and family members are welcome to join in
Please note that as demand for these sessions is very high, we have to limit it to one session per child.
Why do I need to take the pedals off my child's bike for the Learn to Ride session?
We usually remove stabilisers and pedals, then lower the seat and get the children to 'scoot' the bikes until they are comfortable balancing on a moving bike for quite long distances and using the brakes to slow. Finally we put the second pedal on and off they go.