You can view a full list of the forthcoming meetings which are open to the public in the documents section on the right hand side on the page. We update this list fortnightly.
Cabinet is scheduled to meet each Thursday at 2pm at Shire Hall. However, meetings may be cancelled due to lack of business, or additional meetings may be called. Details of the meetings may be subject to change.
Agendas and minutes for all public committee meetings are available to view online or at the council's offices
For further information please contact Governance Support:
- Telephone: 01432 260201
- Address: Herefordshire Council, The Shirehall, St Peters Square, Hereford HR1 2HX
The Local Authorities (Executive Arrangements)
(Meetings and Access to Information) (England) Regulations 2012
The above regulations supersede the previous Local Authorities (Executive Arrangements) (Access to Information) (England) Regulations 2010. The regulations apply to Executive Decisions and do not relate to decisions taken by council, a committee, or an officer on behalf of council where similar but significantly different processes apply.
From 10 September 2012, it is no longer necessary to publish a Forward Plan. However, from that date there is a requirement to give 28 days’ notice of a key decision to be taken.
Decisions by the Executive are decisions which are to be taken by the Cabinet as a whole, or decisions which are to be taken by individual cabinet members, and in some very limited cases, by council officers. Key decisions are defined as:
- Any decision in relation to an executive function which results in the council incurring expenditure which is, or the making of savings which are, significant having regard to the council’s budget for the service or function concerned. A threshold of £500,000 is regarded as significant, or
- Any other decision which in the opinion of the monitoring officer is likely to be significant in terms of its effect on:
- Two or more wards or electoral divisions
- One ward (unless the number of those affected is very small or it is impractical to treat this as a key decision)
28 Day Notices, and any non-exempt papers supporting the item, are published on our website and are available for inspection at our customer service centres.
Other documents may be submitted and, at least five clear days before the decision in question is taken, a report will be submitted to the decision maker which identifies the options and the consultations undertaken.
Reports or documents which do not contain exempt or confidential information may be inspected during normal office hours at the Area Offices. Copies of these reports or documents may be supplied on payment of "postage, copying or other necessary charge for transmission".
For more information please contact Governance Services: