- Information held about you
To provide parking services, it is necessary for us to collect and hold personal information about you. The information collected and held will vary and depend on the nature of the service used. Examples of the parking services in which personal information will be gathered are:
- Parking enforcement, parking appeals, correspondence, blue badge misuse, parking dispensations, car park season tickets, resident permits, card payments for parking.
This information may include:
- Basic details of your vehicle such as vehicle registration number, vehicle ownership checks (DVLA), vehicle make and model, location of vehicle, civil parking offence details
- Basic details about you such as address, telephone number, email address
- Contact we have had with you, such as any correspondence, formal parking enforcement notices and PACE interview forms
- Images of you if the enforcement officer has activated their body worn video camera
- Your credit/debit card details if you have paid for a service by card
- Who is processing your data
All personal data held, is processed in accordance with data protection law. The data controller for the information outlined in this privacy notice is Herefordshire Council.
Data processor How your information will be used Herefordshire Council
- Carry out parking enforcement activities
- Deal with your challenges and queries in respect of penalty charge notices
- Process applications and issue parking dispensations
- Investigate and prosecute (if applicable) cases of blue badge misuse
Hoople Ltd on behalf of Herefordshire Council
- Process challenges in respect of penalty charge notices
- Process applications and issue car park season tickets
- Process applications and issue resident permits
- Take payments for season tickets, resident permits, penalty charge notices
Cobalt Telephone Technologies (RinGo) on behalf of Herefordshire Council
- Take payments for parking sessions
- Create customer accounts
3C payment UK ltd and SIX payment services on behalf of Herefordshire Council
- Take payments for parking sessions
- How the law allows us to use your information
The legal basis for processing the data is:
- Who we will share your information with
We may share your information with partner organisations, including:
- Hoople Ltd - Hoople Ltd manage the challenges against penalty charge notices (PCNs) and administer payments made in respect of PCNs, season tickets, resident permits and dispensations
- Jacobs debt recovery - Jacobs recover outstanding debt owed to the council and therefore would recover any money owed in respect of parking enforcement
- Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) - to identify the registered keeper of a vehicle at a given time, for the purpose of the enforcement of a penalty charge notice (in accordance with The Civil Enforcement of Parking Contraventions (England) General Regulations 2007) or for the consideration of prosecution in any other related matter, we may contact the DVLA and provide them with the details known to us.
We will not normally share your information with organisations without your consent. However, there may be certain circumstances where we would share without consent such as where we are required to do so by law, to safeguard public safety, and in risk of harm or emergency situations. We will only share the minimum information for the purpose, on a need to know basis and with appropriate individuals.
- How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this privacy notice will be kept for the amount of time as detailed within the parking retention schedule. All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information and to request that the information is amended or erased if incorrect.
To request your records, you will need to provide proof of identification and write to the Information Governance Team, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE or email email@example.com
You also have the right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact parking services in the first instance.
You can also contact the Data Protection Officer, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE, email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find more information about data protection and how it applies to you on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
- Service web page
- Last updated date
- January 2018