- Animal boarding establishment licence
You will need a licence if you use your premises (including private dwellings) to board cats and/or dogs for a fee.
- About this licence
The licence comes under the Animal Boarding Establishments Act 1963.
You must not have been previously convicted under any of the following Acts:
- The Protection of Animals Act 1911
- The Protection of Animals (Scotland) Act 1912
- The Protection of Animals (Cruelty to Dogs) (Scotland) Act 1934
- The Protection of Animals (Amendment) Act 1954
- Or any offence under any of Sections 4, 5, 6 (1) and (2), 7 to 9 and 11 of the Animal Welfare Act 2006
- Application and guidance notes
- Processing and timescales
Your premises will be inspected within 28 days of receipt of an acceptable application.
The licence will be granted and issued once a successful inspection has been carried out.
- Validity and renewals
It is an annual licence and runs from 1 January to 31 December. You can apply for a new licence at any time through the year. We invite renewal applications from October each year.
Contact us to view the public register.
- Contact us in the first instance.
- Contact details
If you wish to speak to a licensing officer the opening times are 9.30am to 1.30pm.
- Telephone: 01432 261761 (All calls are dealt with by our contact centre staff and are allocated to an officer who will take action on the service request between one to five working days)
- Fax: 01432 261982
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Licensing Section, Herefordshire Council, 8 St Owen Street, Hereford HR1 2PJ