- Activities and events
- Children's centre services
All children's centres offer the following core services to support your family's needs up until your child starts school:
- Family health and wellbeing services
- Early education and childcare
- Early Help family support and outreach services, if you are experiencing difficulties and need some extra help
- Support for local childminders
- Information and signposting to other agencies and services such as health professionals
- Support to help families access free childcare or nursery education funding
- Links to employment and training opportunities with Jobcentre Plus
- Local services
Ledbury Children's centre services aims to have a varied menu of activities on offer to give you and your child (0-4 years) different experiences, support and opportunities.
We are able to support and help young children, parent and carers, parents-to-be and families to reach their full potential by offering services that include access to health, school readiness and parent support services.
Forthcoming special events
- Childminding Services Ledbury Area. Childminders meet here every Thursday 9am to 10.45am (term time only). Please contact the Centre if you would like to arrange to come in and meet with them.
- Post Natal Groups and Health Visitor Clinic takes place on Monday mornings 9.30am to 11.30am. Support and advice from Health Visitors and Children's Centre staff on a variety of topics. Weighing is also available at these sessions. Opportunity to meet other parents with babies and children of similar age.
Friends of Ledbury Children's Centre, Parents' Forum, Parent Representatives and Other Parent Activities
The purpose of the Friends of Ledbury Children's Centre is to help welcome, raise awareness with other parents and the community to the services and activities offered in the area. They also raise funds for equipment and resources for the Service. The Friends have a Facebook Page to help you keep up to date with what is going on -see Facebook
The Friends welcome new members and ideas for fund raising and related activities. Contact Laura Clarke for more information 07530 920058.
There are currently five Parent Representatives:
- Laura Clarke
- Ruth Hill
- Maggie Van Damme
- Kayleigh Morgan
- Becky Davis
Their role is to link in with families to gather their views and feedback to the Parents' Forum. Parent Representatives also attend the Ledbury Children's Centre Advisory Board and have the opportunity to feedback parents' requests and views.
Parent Representatives gather their views and feedback to the Parents' Forum. Parent Representatives also attend the Ledbury Children's Centre Advisory Board and have the opportunity to feedback parents' requests and views. Parent Representatives can be contacted in person at the Centre or by telephoning the Centre on 01432 383840, or by placing a note, marked for the attention of the Parent Representatives, at the Reception Office.
Parents have become involved in a variety of other ways in the Centre, including becoming volunteers and helping to run sessions and activities, helping with events such as Family Fun Days and re-decorating part of the Centre.
Ledbury Children's Centre staff very much appreciate the enthusiasm and commitment of parents and carers using the Centre and the way in which they welcome and encourage new parents and carers into the Centre.
- Opening hours
- We are open Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm and Friday 9am - 4.45pm.
- Ledbury Children's Centre is in the grounds of Ledbury Primary School; please follow the signs which direct you down the walk way beside the school to the rear.
- 01432 383840