- Activities and events
- Your guide to activities and events at Widemarsh
- Children's centre services
Children's centre services offer the following core services to support your family's needs up until your child starts school:
- Family health and wellbeing services
- Early education and childcare
- Early Help family support and outreach services, if you are experiencing difficulties and need some extra help
- Support for local childminders
- Information and signposting to other agencies and services such as health professionals
- Support to help families access free childcare or nursery education funding
- Links to employment and training opportunities with Jobcentre Plus
- Local services
Widemarsh Children's Centre services work with partners and providers to deliver a menu of services for families 0-5 years. These include:
- Sessions to promote speech and language development
- Soft play sessions to encourage physical development
- Access to health services, including health visitor, midwife and antenatal sessions
- Breastfeeding support and postnatal groups, for parents and baby
- Adult learning and parenting courses
- Childminders play session
- Advice, support and guidance for families
- Opportunities to volunteer within the service.
We also have a community café on site.
Widemarsh Children's Centre garden
We have lots of space for families to enjoy and offer fantastic play opportunities in a friendly and supportive environment. It is a lovely environment for families to enjoy and explore.
- Opening hours
Monday 9am - 5pm
Tuesday 9am - 5pm
Wednesday 9am - 5pm
Thursday 9am - 5pm
Friday 9am - 5pm
There is a free car park in front of the Children's Centre however it can be very busy at times. There is an overflow car park by the Westfields training ground in front of Moor House. As you turn off Grandstand Road go towards the Lads club, just past the swings turn right and the overflow car park is directly in front of you.
Cycling - We have a place to park your bicycles.
Public transport - Hereford train station is a 20 minute walk from Widemarsh Children's Centre. For details of local buses, please visit the bus travel page. There is also a bus route and stop which is less than a 5 minute walk.
- 01432 383430