Housing tenants complaints policy and procedure

Herefordshire Council owns a small amount of supported housing stock.

This policy covers complaints concerning housing by people in council housing. It sets out how housing complaints will be dealt with, the timescales, and who should be involved in handling the complaint.

The Housing Ombudsman defines as a complaint as an expression of dissatisfaction, however made, about the standard of service, actions or lack of action by the organisation, its own staff, or those acting on its behalf, affecting an individual resident or group of residents.

This policy is a statement of what the council does to ensure it handles housing complaints effectively, and to inform all council staff, members and contractors of their responsibilities when receiving and responding to housing complaints.

The document also informs members of the public of the process that the council has established for handling housing complaints.

Most of the general needs housing in Herefordshire is owned by register housing providers. If you have a complaint about your house, or want to raise a housing management issue, please contact your registered housing provider directly if it is not owned by Herefordshire Council.

Last updated date
March 2021
Review date
March 2024
Related web page