- Information held about you
Herefordshire Council has been allocated £1.3 million from the Department for Work and Pensions to support households in Herefordshire struggling with the cost of living. At least a third of this allocation must be used to support low income pensioners which is the reason for this privacy notice.
In order to distribute this part of the funding, it is necessary for us to collect and hold personal information about those in receipt of pension credit guarantee. This information will include:
- Basic details about you such as name, address, telephone number, email address and National insurance number.
- Who is processing your data
All personal data held, is processed in accordance with data protection law. The Data Controller for the information outlined in this privacy notice is Herefordshire Council.
The information is being provided to Herefordshire Council from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
Hoople Ltd are the Data Processors who will process your information on behalf of the council, and will be passing the information above to the Post Office to issue your voucher.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
We will collect information about you (where applicable) to:
- Write to you about the scheme
- Issue your grant voucher
- Verify it is you if you wish to cancel your voucher
- How the law allows us to use your information
The legal basis for processing the data is the exercise of official authority under our public task.
Herefordshire Council has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the DWP which allows for the onward sharing of data to a contracted service provider which is the Post Office. If you do not wish your data to be used for this purpose you can notify us at any time. However, this will mean we may be unable to distribute any funding to you.
- Who we will share your information with
We will share your information for the purpose of onward referrals (with your explicit consent) and to distribute relevant support funding, with our partner organisations, including:
- Hoople Ltd to issue you the letter and to enable them to request your voucher
- PayPoint Ltd, to issue you the voucher
- Health Visiting service (Wye Valley Trust NHS )
- Children’s Centre service (Herefordshire Council Early Help)
- Nurseries, Pre-schools and Early Years settings
- How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this privacy notice will be kept for the time required by DWP as part of the grant conditions agreed to by Herefordshire Council.
All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
You can also contact the Data Protection Officer at Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE, email: email@example.com
More information about data protection and how it applies to you can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
- Service web page
- Last updated date
- 4 September 2023