- Information held about you
In order for you to participant in the Herefordshire Citizens’ Climate Assembly (HCCA), it is necessary for us to collect and hold personal information about you. This information will include:
- Basic details about you such as address, telephone number, email address
- What contact we have had with you, such as home visits, meetings, and best time to contact you on, which technology you have which will enable you to take part
- Who is processing your data
All personal data held, is processed in accordance with data protection law. The Data Controller for the information outlined in this privacy notice is Herefordshire Council.
The Data Processor is Impact Consultancy and Research are the Data Processors who will process your information on behalf of the council.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
We will collect information about you (where applicable) to:
- Contact you with information about the Herefordshire Citizens’ Climate Assembly 2022
- Further invite you to similar events up to three years in the future
- How the law allows us to use your information
The legal basis for processing the data is your consent, which you can withdraw at any time by notifying Max Bassett (Impact Consultancy and Research) on email@example.com
If you are borrowing a laptop your details will be held also to contact you regarding safe return of the equipment.
- Who we will share your information with
We will not normally share your information with partner organisations your consent, however, there may be certain circumstances where we would share without consent such as where we are required to do so by law, to safeguard public safety, and in risk of harm or emergency situations. Any information which is shared will only be shared on a need to know basis, with appropriate individuals. Only the minimum information for the purpose will be shared.
- How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this privacy notice will be kept for three years. All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information and to request that the information be amended or erased if incorrect.
To request your records, you will need to put your request in writing and provide proof of identification to the Information Governance Team, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE or via email, firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have a right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact <team> in the first instance. You can also contact the Data Protection Officer at Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE, email: email@example.com
More information about data protection and how it applies to you can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website .
- Service web page
- Last updated date
- 8 December 2021