- Information held about you
Herefordshire Council has partnered with Eequ as part of the government's Holiday Activity Fund (HAF) to deliver activities and healthy meals during the school holidays for children aged 5 to 16 years old from families eligible for benefit related free school meals.
In order to provide the activities to you and your family it is necessary to collect and hold personal information about you and your child/ren. This information will include:
- Full name of child
- Date of birth/age
- Eligible for benefits (free school meals)
- Home address
- Any health or other needs related to help keep children safe
Eequ will collect personal data from providers and families to ensure the smooth running of the programme. Herefordshire Council and Eequ will handle personal data in accordance with the UK General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018 and other relevant legislation and will not disclose your data to any other third party, unless allowed or required to do so by legislation.
- Who is processing your data
All personal data held, is processed in accordance with data protection law. The data controller for the information outlined in this privacy notice is Herefordshire Council.
Eequ is working as a data processor and will process your information on behalf of the council.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
We will collect information about you (where applicable) to:
- Determine the eligibility of children for the Holiday Activity Fund (HAF)
- Connect parents and providers in high risk groups to connect to support children so they have a high quality activity with food over the school holidays
- Share any medical or personal data (for example food allergies, additional needs) to help keep children safe
- Co-ordinate an effective response to a Holiday Activity Fund (HAF) from the council and the wider community
- To contact you with service updates relating to the Holiday Activity Fund
- How the law allows us to use your information
This information processing is considered to be part of Herefordshire Council's public task. The processing and sharing of personal data in this way is required for the purpose of coordinating the HAF programme effectively, as outlined in the Department for Education (DfE) HAF guidance.
The legal basis for processing the data is in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority (Article 6.1e UK GDPR).
- Who we will share your information with
We may share your information with partner organisations, including:
- Activity providers where parents have signed their child up to complete an activity
- Council, voluntary and community groups to provide the support required
- Anonymised data will be shared with the Department for Education for the purpose of submitting the Holiday Activity Fund (HAF) return which is a requirement of the funding received by Herefordshire Council
We will not normally share your information with organisations other than our partner organisations without your consent, however, there may be certain circumstances where we would share without consent such as where we are required to do so by law, to safeguard public safety, and in risk of harm or emergency situations.
Any information which is shared will only be shared on a need to know basis, with appropriate individuals. Only the minimum information for the purpose will be shared.
- How long we keep your personal information
We will only retain your personal HAF data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of managing your HAF booking needs or DfE reporting requirements.
We will retain your personal HAF data so that you can book future activities without the need to re-enter information.
Data collected for the HAF programme during checkout will be kept until the termination of the data processing agreement in place with Eequ.
All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information and to request that the information is amended or erased if incorrect.
To request your records, you will need to contact the Information Governance Team, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE or email email@example.com
You also have a right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact HAF@herefordshire.gov.uk in the first instance.
You can also contact the Data Protection Officer, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE, email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find more information about data protection and how it applies to you on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
- Service web page
- Last updated date
- 25 November 2022