- Information held about you
In order to best respond and help coordinate the community response for Covid-19 it is necessary to collect the following data from you when you contact Talk Community for support at home:
- Basic details about you including name, address, telephone number and email address
- Details about what support you require and anything relevant to your circumstances to enable us to provide that support
- Who is processing your data
All personal data held, is processed in accordance with data protection law. The Data Controller for the information outlined in this privacy notice is Herefordshire Council.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
We will use the information you provide to:
- Connect you to support in the community as part of the Covid-19 response
- Signpost you to services available through other agencies, for example the Defra shopping delivery scheme
- How the law allows us to use your information
The legal basis for processing the data is that it is in the public interest for us to deal with the outbreak of Covid-19. Any sensitive (special category) data that we collect will be processed for public health reasons and/or to protect your vital interests.
- Who we will share your information with
We will share your information only as necessary with the organisations such as the NHS, government agencies, community groups and volunteers that we are working with to provide support to individuals at home. Only the minimum information for the purpose will be shared.
Herefordshire Council works closely with hvoss which leads on volunteering in Herefordshire and will be supporting the volunteer response to Covid-19 in the county.
- How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this privacy notice will be kept for the duration of the Covid-19 response. All information will be held securely and destroyed when no longer needed under confidential conditions.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request a copy of your information and to request that the information be amended or erased if incorrect.
To request a copy of your records, you will need to put your request in writing and provide proof of identification to the Information Governance Team via email, firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have a right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact email@example.com in the first instance. You can also contact the Data Protection Officer, Carol Trachonitis, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about data protection and how it applies to you can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website .
- Service web page
- Last updated date
- 30 June 2020