- Information held about you
The 2020 Climate Challenge scheme is a volunteering scheme for individuals keen to reduce their carbon footprint and input into the new county-wide action plan to help get Herefordshire to zero carbon by 2030. In order to provide relevant information about events, news, opportunities and training organised by Herefordshire Council, we need to collect and hold some personal information about you. This information will include:
- Basic details about you such as your name, postcode, telephone number & email address
- Locations that you may wish to encourage and support others, such as your workplace, community groups, school
- Who is processing your data
All personal data held, is processed in accordance with data protection law. The Data Controller for the information outlined in this privacy notice is Herefordshire Council.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
We will collect information about you (where applicable) to:
- Contact you to inform you of the 2020 Climate Challenge meetings, events, materials, events, relevant opportunities and to distribute relevant news
- Consult with you on ideas for the 2020 Climate Challenge
- How the law allows us to use your information
The legal basis for processing the data is:
- Your consent which you can withdraw at any time by notifying us at email@example.com
- Who we will share your information with
We will only share your information with any external facilitator appointed to support the 2020 Climate Team.
- How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your information until you opt out of the 2020 Climate Challenge scheme or the email list is disbanded. All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information and to request that the information be amended or erased if incorrect.
To request your records, you will need to provide proof of identification and write to the Information Governance Team, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have a right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner’s Office
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact the Energy and Active Travel Team email@example.com in the first instance. You can also contact the Data Protection Officer, Carol Trachonitis at Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about data protection and how it applies to you can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
- Service web page
- Last updated date
- 30 June 2020