- Information held about you
In order to complete and return the appropriate searches submitted to the Land Charges department, it is necessary for us to collect and hold personal information about you. This information will include:
- Basic details about you such as your name, address, telephone number and email address
- Details of the property/land to be searched
- Who is processing your data
All personal data held, is processed in accordance with data protection law. The Data Controller for the information outlined in this privacy notice is Herefordshire Council.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
We will collect information in order to register a local land charge or to return the appropriate local land charge search.
- How the law allows us to use your information
The legal basis for processing the data is our legal obligation or public task under various UK laws including but not limited to:
- Delivery of statutory and public services
- Who we will share your information with
To ensure that Land Charges provides you with an efficient and effective service we will sometimes need to share your information between teams within the council as well as with our partner organisations.
We will not normally share your information with organisations other than our partner organisations without your consent, however, there may be certain circumstances where we would share without consent such as where we are required to do so by law, to safeguard public safety, and in risk of harm or emergency situations. Any information which is shared will only be shared on a need to know basis, with appropriate individuals. Only the minimum information for the purpose will be shared.
- How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. Paper copies of search results are retained for 6 years and electronic copies of search results are currently retained indefinitely. All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information and to request that the information be amended or erased if incorrect.
To request your records, you will need to put your request in writing and provide proof of identification to the Information Governance Team, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE or via email, email@example.com
You also have a right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. You can also contact the Data Protection Officer, Carol Trachonitis, at Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE, email: email@example.com
More information about data protection and how it applies to you can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
- Service web page
- Last updated date
- 18 February 2020