- Information held about you
Herefordshire Council carries out a limited amount of audio call recording in the following areas:
- Customer services contact centre
- Revenues and benefits
- Social care contact centre
Once calls are transferred from these areas, or during payments, recording ceases.
- Who is processing your data
All personal data held, is processed in accordance with data protection law. The data controller for the information outlined in this privacy notice is Herefordshire Council. The data processor for revenues and benefits is Hoople Ltd.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
Calls are recorded for the purposes of better provision of service to members of the public, improved learning by the council for engaging with customers and changing processes in response to common issues identified from the calls.
- How the law allows us to use your information
The legal basis for processing the data is:
- It is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller, in order to improve services
- The legitimate interests of data controller
- Necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject (for recording of staff taking calls)
- Who we will share your information with
We will not normally share your information. However, there may be certain circumstances where we would share without consent such as where we are required to do so by law, to safeguard staff and public safety, and in risk of harm or emergency situations. We will only share the minimum information for the purpose, on a need to know basis and with appropriate individuals.
- How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this privacy notice will be kept for 90 days after recording. All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information.
To request your records, you will need to provide proof of identification and write to the Information Governance Team, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Further information
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact the teams concerned in the first instance.
You can also contact the Data Protection Officer, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE, email email@example.com
You can find more information about data protection and how it applies to you on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
- Service web page
- Last updated date
- January 2020