- Information held about you
To provide access to home energy efficiency grant funding assistance and support to you through the Flexible Eligibility element of the Energy Company Obligation, and access to the Affordable Warmth / Funding Measures it is necessary for us to collect and hold personal information about you. This information will include:
- Basic details about you such as name, sex, address, postcode and relevant contact information, (telephone number and/or email address)
- Contact we have had with you, such as home visits, meetings, telephone calls etc.
- Certain sensitive information such as ethnic origin and physical or mental health information
- Who is processing your data
All personal data held, is processed in accordance with data protection law. The Data Controller for the information outlined in this privacy notice is Herefordshire Council.
Severn Wye Energy Agency are the Data Processors who will process your information on behalf of the council.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
We will collect information about you (where applicable) to:
- Determine your eligibility under the schemes
- Refer you to selected partners for grant support or intervention
- Provide evidence and assurance to the scheme(s) administrators that the council is operating as agreed
- How the law allows us to use your information
The legal basis for processing the data is your consent, which you can withdraw at any time by notifying us.
- Who we will share your information with
We may share your information with partner organisations, including:
- Shropshire Council and Affordable Warmth Solutions (Warm Homes Fund only)
- Selected delivery partners- these include energy companies and installers, who will use the information to inform delivery of their obligation or allocated funding. This will most likely involve liaising with you to arrange survey/inspection and if appropriate, install of the relevant energy efficiency measure.
- Other providers of support and advice, as agreed with you, who will use your information to contact you to offer additional services that you may benefit from.
We will not normally share your information with organisations other than our partner organisations without your consent, however, there may be certain circumstances where we would share without
consent such as where we are required to do so by law, to safeguard public safety, and in risk of harm or emergency situations. Any information which is shared will only be shared on a need to know basis, with appropriate individuals. Only the minimum information for the purpose will be shared.
- How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this privacy notice will be kept for seven years. All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information.
To request your records, you will need to provide proof of identification and write to the Information Governance Team, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE or email email@example.com
You also have the right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact the energy and active travel team (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the first instance.
You can also contact the Data Protection Officer, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE, email email@example.com
You can find more information about data protection and how it applies to you on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
- Service web page
- Last updated date
- January 2021