- Information held about you
Delivering the public realm services has a direct effect on the residents of Herefordshire. Providing effective communications through a high level of quality customer interaction and positive stakeholder management is essential for the success of the partnership. This will be achieved through data led, open and honest communication, together with transparency around management and communication of key service messages aligned to Herefordshire Council's communication strategy. This will support the council's keys messages to:
- Empower the local community
- Deliver priority services
- Spend within our means
- Who is processing your data
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the council has a duty to inform you about how your personal data will be handled.
Herefordshire Council is the data controller for the purposes of the GDPR and the information that you provide will be processed by the council's agent, Balfour Beatty Living Places, the data processor for the purposes of the GDPR.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
- Stakeholder management
- Community commissioning
- Actioning enquiries
- Defect repairs
- Community support
- Highway inspections
- Complaint resolution
- Claims administration
- Partnership and multi-agency working
- Any other aspect of locality working required by Herefordshire Council in accordance with delivering the public realm contract
- How the law allows us to use your information
The operations teams process your data on behalf of Herefordshire Council in accordance with the:
- Localism Act 2011; Part 5
- Highways Act 1980
- Herefordshire Highway Maintenance Plan (HMP)
- Traffic Management Act 2004
- New Roads and Street Works Act 1991
- Freedom of Information Act 2000
- Environmental Information Regulations 2004
- Legal Services Act 2007
- General Data Protection Regulation 2018
- Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
- Land Drainage Act 1991 and 1994
- Flood Risk Regulations 2009
- Any other current legislation that relates to the maintenance of highways
- Who we will share your information with
The operations team see your data and will share your data where legally authorised to do so in such instances as:
- Complaint resolution relevant individuals
- Claim administration
- Enquiry actions relevant individuals
- Defect repairs relevant individuals
- Land owners
- Police enquiries
- Performance reporting
- Emergency services where appropriate
- With any other third party with the legal authorisation to view the customer service data
- How long we keep your personal information
Your data is kept in accordance with our retention schedule, available on Herefordshire Council's website.
- Your rights
Individuals have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request their information. You also have a right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner's Office.
Balfour Beatty Living Places administers traffic management on behalf of Herefordshire Council and the information you provide will only be used for the stated purpose.
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
You can find further information about the processing of your data on the data protection page.
You can also contact the Data Protection Officer, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE, email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find more information about data protection and how it applies to you on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
- Last updated date
- September 2019