- Information held about you
You contacted the energy and active travel team of Herefordshire Council and provided your contact details so that we could inform you of any community litter picks that are taking place in the county as you are interested in volunteering to litter pick. To provide information about current litter picks to you, it is necessary for us to collect and hold personal information about you. This information will include:
- Basic details about you such as your email address and the area in which you'd be interested in litter picking
- Who is processing your data
All personal data held, is processed in accordance with data protection law. The data controller for the information outlined in this privacy notice is Herefordshire Council.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
We will use the information, (email addresses) that we have about you to:
- Inform you of current community litter picks
- How the law allows us to use your information
The legal basis for processing the data is:
- Your consent, which you can withdraw at any time by telling us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our legal obligation under the General Data Protection Regulations that came into effect on 25 May 2018
- Who we will share your information with
We will not share your information with anyone else.
- How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this privacy notice will be kept for 12 months and then we'll contact you again to enquire if you still want to be contacted. All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information and to request that the information is amended or erased if incorrect.
To request your records, you will need to provide proof of identification and write to the Information Governance Team, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE or email email@example.com
You also have the right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact the energy and active travel team in the first instance.
You can also contact the Data Protection Officer, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE, email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find more information about data protection and how it applies to you on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
- Service web page