- Information held about you
To provide S116 stopping up services to you, it is necessary for us to collect and hold personal information about you. This information will include:
- Name, address, telephone number, email address
- Any contact we have had with you, such as site visits and meetings
- Who is processing your data
All personal data held, is processed in accordance with data protection law. The data controller for the information outlined in this privacy notice is Balfour Beatty Living Places on behalf of Herefordshire Council.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
We will collect information about you (where applicable) to:
- Process applications for S116 stopping up orders
- How the law allows us to use your information
The legal basis for processing the data is:
- Your consent, which you can withdraw at any time by notifying us
- Our legal obligation under the Highways Act 1980
- The protection of your vital interests
- In the public interest or in the exercise of official authority
- Who we will share your information with
We may share your information with partner organisations, including:
- Herefordshire Council or its agent is required to make details of proposals for S116 stopping up orders available for public inspection
- Herefordshire Council or its agent is required to undertake a consultation process in accordance with the Highways Act 1980 to seek public representation to garner evidence whether in support or against the application.
- Names of owners of a property or land, plus the address of that property or land, must usually be publicly available. All comments, representations and objections received are also available for inspection by the public, applicants and councillors
- How long we keep your personal information
Your data is kept in accordance with our retention schedule, available on this website although, in the case of some S116 stopping up order applications it may be retrained as part of the public record.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information and to request that the information is amended or erased if incorrect.
To request your records, you will need to provide proof of identification and write to the Information Governance Team, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE or email email@example.com
You also have the right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact Balfour Beatty Living Places in the first instance.
You can also contact the Data Protection Officer, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE, email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find more information about data protection and how it applies to you on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
- Service web page
- Last updated date
- April 2019