- Information held about you
The transactional team administers and processes nursery education funding (NEF) and payments. To provide this service it is necessary to collect and hold personal information about you and your child/children. This information will include:
- Name, address, telephone number and email address
- Date of birth
- National Insurance numbers
- Bank details
- Details of payments made to you on behalf of Herefordshire Council
- Who is processing your data
All personal data held, is processed in accordance with data protection law. The data controller for the information outlined in this privacy notice is Herefordshire Council. Hoople Ltd is the data processor.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
We will collect information about you (where applicable) to:
- To calculate and make payments in relation to nursery education funding
- How the law allows us to use your information
The legal basis for processing the data is:
- Carrying out of a contract in relation to your entitlement to claim nursery education funding to which you are a party
- Who we will share your information with
The information that we hold may be shared in part with:
- Herefordshire Council
- Hoople Ltd
On occasions your information may be accessed by contracted IT support organisations in the delivery of IT support for both the IT infrastructure and associated systems. Access by IT support will only be for such reasons as fixing any technical software issues and any viewing of data will be incidental to this.
We will not normally share your information with organisations without your consent. However, there may be certain circumstances where we would share without consent such as where we are required to do so by law, to safeguard public safety, and in risk of harm or emergency situations. We will only share the minimum information for the purpose, on a need to know basis and with appropriate individuals.
- How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this privacy notice will be kept for seven years. All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information and to request that the information is amended or erased if incorrect.
To request your records, you will need to provide proof of identification and write to the Information Governance Team, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE or email email@example.com
You also have the right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact the transactional team in the first instance.
You can also contact the Data Protection Officer, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE, email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find more information about data protection and how it applies to you on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
- Service web page
- Last updated date
- February 2018