- Information held about you
To provide markets, fairs and street trading services to you, it is necessary for us to collect and hold personal information about you. This information collected and held will vary and depend on the nature of the services used.
Examples of the markets, fairs and street trading services in which personal information will be gathered are market trading, street trading, highways amenity licence applications and correspondence.
This information will include:
- Basic details about you such as address, telephone number, email address on market trader application forms, street trading application forms, highway amenity licence application forms and in relation to fairs held under contract with Herefordshire Council
- Who is processing your data
All personal data held, is processed in accordance with data protection law. The data controller for the information outlined in this privacy notice is Herefordshire Council.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
We will collect information about you (where applicable) to:
- Be placed on record as the applicant for a market stall
- Be placed on record as the applicant for a street trading consent
- Be placed on record as the applicant for a highways amenity licence
- Be placed on record as the hirer of promotional space
- Be placed on record as the fair organiser
We will not share any information to anyone outside of the service without your consent and if you want to see a copy of any information held by the service, please contact us directly.
- How the law allows us to use your information
The legal basis for processing the data is:
- Your consent, which you can withdraw at any time by notifying us
- Carrying out of a contract to which you are a party
- Our legal obligation under 1982 Local Government Miscellaneous provisions Act
- Our legal obligation under 1980 Highways Act
- In the public interest or in the exercise of official authority
You are obliged to provide the personal data requested. Possible consequences of failure to provide such information would result in delaying your request for service.
- Who we will share your information with
We may share your information with partner organisations including Customs and Excise. Customs and Excise will contact the service to request relevant information they need to assist them.
We will not share your information with organisations other than our partner organisations without your consent. However, there may be certain circumstances where we would share without consent such as where we are required to do so by law, to safeguard public safety, and in risk of harm or emergency situations. We will only share the minimum information for the purpose, on a need to know basis and with appropriate individuals.
- How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this privacy notice will be kept for the amount of time detailed within the markets, fairs and street trading services retention schedule. All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information and to request that the information is amended or erased if incorrect.
To request your records, you will need to provide proof of identification and write to the Information Governance Team, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact the markets, fairs and street trading team in the first instance.
You can also contact the Data Protection Officer, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE, email email@example.com
You can find more information about data protection and how it applies to you on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
- Service web page