- Information held about you
Personal information provided to the team in relation to a health and safety incidents will need to be stored on our internal systems and shared, as appropriate, with external bodies to meet our legislative responsibilities. Personal data will be used to ensure that you and Herefordshire Council are compliant with legislation. To provide health and safety support and advice to you, it is necessary for us to collect and hold personal information about you. This information will include:
- Basic details about you such as address, telephone number, email address
- Contact we have had with you, such as home visits, meetings
- Education and training
- Disability status
- Driving licence and insurance details
- Occupational health reports and medical information
- Who is processing your data
All personal data held, is processed in accordance with data protection law. The data controller for the information outlined in this privacy notice is Herefordshire Council.
Hoople Ltd are the data processors who may process your information on behalf of the council.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
We will collect information about you (where applicable) to:
- Provide you with health and safety advice and guidance
- Comply with legislation
- Ensure that your safety is maintained in the workplace
- How the law allows us to use your information
The legal basis for processing the data is our legal obligation under Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013, The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 and The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, as well as our duty in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority.
For statutory requirements, you, as the data subject are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failure to provide such data would be that you could be in breach of your contract of employment and liable to action by the Health and Safety Executive. This could also impact the quality of the advice and support we are able to supply and you could lose any possible compensation that you would be eligible for.
- Who we will share your information with
Subject to strict agreements describing how it will be used, we may share your information with relevant organisations, including:
- Internal staff as appropriate, for example line management, facilities management (training information)
- Trade unions
- Insurance representatives
- Our occupational health provider
- Organisational solicitors
Your information may also be shared with:
- The Health and Safety Executive
- The emergency services
We will not normally share your information with organisations other than our partner organisations without your consent. However, there may be certain circumstances where we would share without consent such as where we are required to do so by law, to safeguard public safety, and in risk of harm or emergency situations. We will only share the minimum information for the purpose, on a need to know basis and with appropriate individuals.
- How long we keep your personal information
We will keep your information for as long as it is required, and then in line with the council's retention policy. For more information on Herefordshire Council's retention policy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information and to request that the information is amended or erased if incorrect.
To request your records, you will need to provide proof of identification and write to the Information Governance Team, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE or email email@example.com
You also have the right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact the health, safety and resilience team in the first instance.
You can also contact the Data Protection Officer, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE, email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find more information about data protection and how it applies to you on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
- Service web page