- Information held about you
To provide an emergency response, it is necessary for us to collect and hold personal information about individuals. This information will include:
- Basic details about you such as name, address, telephone numbers, email address and emergency contact
- Contact we have had with you, such as at a rest centre or a training event
- Relevant qualifications and skill sets
- Who is processing your data
All personal data held, is processed in accordance with data protection law. The data controller for the information outlined in this privacy notice is Herefordshire Council.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
We will collect information about you (where applicable) to:
- Maintain an out of hours emergency response
- Provide services to the population both resident and transient of Herefordshire during an emergency response
- How the law allows us to use your information
The legal basis for processing the data is:
- Your consent, which you can withdraw at any time by notifying us
- In the public interest or in the exercise of official authority
- Who we will share your information with
We will not normally share your information with organisations other than our partner organisations without your consent. However, there may be certain circumstances where we would share without consent such as where we are required to do so by law, to safeguard public safety, and in risk of harm or emergency situations. We will only share the minimum information for the purpose, on a need to know basis and with appropriate individuals.
- How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this privacy notice will be kept for up to 18 years. All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information and to request that the information is amended or erased if incorrect.
To request your records, you will need to provide proof of identification and write to the Information Governance Team, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE or email email@example.com
You also have the right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact Ian Baker in the first instance.
You can also contact the Data Protection Officer, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE, email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find more information about data protection and how it applies to you on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
- Service web page