- Who is processing your data
Herefordshire Council is the data controller for the information collected in relation to the family information forms and registration forms and any applications made for 2, 3 or 4 year old Nursery Education Funding (NEF).
- How we will use the information we hold about you
We will use the information you provide to:
- Deliver our services and understand your needs
- Maintain and update your customer records or contact details
- Contact you where necessary in relation to the provision of this service
- Obtain your opinion and feedback about the services we provide
- Ensure that we fulfil our legal obligations
- How the law allows us to use your information
The legal basis for processing your information is that it is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority. For special category data, we will process your information with your explicit consent.
- Who we will share your information with
Information that you supply to Herefordshire children centre services or childcare provider may be shared with health and council early years teams.
Your information may also be shared with other local councils, childcare providers and the Department for Education for audit funding requirements or where there is a legal basis to do so.
- How long we keep your personal information
The information that you supply will be retained for seven years after funding ceases in line with financial requirements.
- Your rights
Under the Data Protection Act you have a right to make a request for a copy of some or all of your personal information we hold about you. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
To request your records, you will need to provide proof of identification and write to the Information Governance Team, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
Your data will be held and processed in line with data protection legislation. If you feel that your data is being handled incorrectly, you should speak to your childcare provider in the first instance. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, however, this may mean that it will no longer be possible to provide funding.
You can also contact the Data Protection Officer, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE, email email@example.com
You can find more information about data protection and how it applies to you on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
- Service web page