- Who is processing your data
Herefordshire Council is the data controller for the information collected in relation to any applications made for 2, 3 or 4 year old Nursery Education Funding. Some data is processed on behalf of the council by Hoople, who carry out some of the council's financial work.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
We will use the information you provide to:
- Deliver our services and understand your needs
- Maintain and update your customer records or contact details
- Contact you where necessary in relation to the provision of this service
- Obtain your opinion and feedback about the services we provide
- Ensure that we fulfil our legal obligations
- How the law allows us to use your information
The legal basis for processing your information is our legal obligations under Childcare legislation including the Childcare Act 2006 and the Childcare Act 2016.
- Who we will share your information with
Your information may be shared with other local councils, health providers, childcare providers and the Department for Education for audit funding requirements or where there is a legal basis to do so.
- How long we keep your personal information
The information that you supply will be retained for seven years after funding ceases in line with financial requirements.
- Your rights
Under the Data Protection Act you have a right to make a request for a copy of some or all of your personal information we hold about you.
Your data will be held and processed in line with data protection legislation. If you feel that your data is being handled incorrectly, you should speak to Herefordshire Council or your childcare provider in the first instance.
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
Further information about all aspects of data protection is available from the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Service web page