- Information held about you
Building legislation (The Building Act 1984 and The Building Regulations 2010 (as amended)) requires Herefordshire Council to make details and keep a record of applicants and proposals for the purposes of the building regulations.
- Who is processing your data
The information that you provide with the building regulations application will be processed by Herefordshire Council, which is the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
The information that you provide for a building control application including personal data, will be used to deal with your building control application.
- Who we will share your information with
The building regulation applications are closed applications, and no personal data is uploaded to the Herefordshire Council website.
Your information will not be shared further unless there are legal reasons to do so.
- How long we keep your personal information
We will keep your data for 15 years after completion of your project.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information. You also have a right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
Information you provide will only be used for the stated purpose. You can find further information about the processing of your data on the data protection page.
You can contact the council's Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Service web page