- Information held about you
Borrow a bike is a scheme where women can borrow a bike for a six month loan period from Herefordshire Council. To contact you when a bike is available and for bike recovery, we need to collect and hold some personal information about you. This information will include:
- Basic details about you such as your name, height, address, telephone number and email address
- Who is processing your data
All personal data held, is processed in accordance with data protection law. The data controller for the information outlined in this privacy notice is Herefordshire Council.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
We will collect information about you to:
- Contact you to tell you when a suitable bike is available for loan
- Renew a loan agreement after six months of having the bike
- Ask for the return of the bike
- Contact you in relation to your current hire
- How the law allows us to use your information
The legal basis for processing the data is:
- Your consent which you can withdraw at any time by notifying us at email@example.com
- Who we will share your information with
We will not share your information with partner organisations or anybody else.
- How long we keep your personal information
We will keep your data for six years after the contract has ended. All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information and to request that the information is amended or erased if incorrect.
To request your records, you will need to provide proof of identification and write to the Information Governance Team, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact the energy and active travel team at email@example.com in the first instance.
You can also contact the Data Protection Officer, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE, email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find more information about data protection and how it applies to you on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
- Service web page
- Last updated date
- March 2019