- Information held about you
Walk and Bike Champions is a volunteering scheme for individuals looking to encourage and support others to walk and/or cycle. To provide relevant information about events, news, opportunities and training organised by the Herefordshire Council, we need to collect and hold some personal information about you. This information will include:
- Basic details about you such as your name, age, address, telephone number and email address
- Locations that you may wish to encourage and support others, such as your workplace, community groups, school
- Who is processing your data
All personal data held, is processed in accordance with data protection law. The data controller for the information outlined in this privacy notice is Herefordshire Council.
Your personal data will not be shared.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
We will collect information about you (where applicable) to:
- Contact you to inform you of Walk or Bike Champions materials, events, relevant training, relevant opportunities and to distribute relevant news
- Consult with you on ideas for Walk and Bike Champions
- How the law allows us to use your information
The legal basis for processing the data is:
- Your consent which you can withdraw at any time by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our legal obligation under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Who we will share your information with
We will not share your information with partner organisations or anybody else.
- How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your information until you opt out or the Walk and Bike Champions scheme email list is disbanded. All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information and to request that the information is amended or erased if incorrect.
To request your records, you will need to provide proof of identification and write to the Information Governance Team, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE or email email@example.com
You also have the right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact the energy and active travel team at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
You can also contact the Data Protection Officer, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE, email email@example.com
You can find more information about data protection and how it applies to you on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
- Service web page
- Last updated date
- August 2018