- Information held about you
The asset management team implements the strategic management of assets and maintenance of highway infrastructure assets for the five main asset groups:
- Highway bridges and safety barriers
- Footways and cycle ways
- Highway and flood risk drainage
- Street lighting and traffic signals
- Delivery of effective asset network management and regulation of activity
- Who is processing your data
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the council has a duty to inform you about how your personal data will be handled.
Herefordshire Council is the data controller for the purposes of the GDPR and the information that you provide will be processed by the council's agent, Balfour Beatty Living Places, the data processor for the purposes of the GDPR.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
- Inspections to understand and measure the condition of the assets
- Assessment of maintenance requirements and approaches based on deterioration and lifecycle plans
- Prioritisation of resources within an asset group and across the asset groups based on agreed factors, which are based on national guidance and local policy
- Control of new assets joining the network and disposal of assets at the end of their useful life
- How the law allows us to use your information
The asset management team processes your data on behalf of Herefordshire Council in accordance with:
- Herefordshire Transport Asset Management Plan (TAMP)
- Herefordshire Highway Maintenance Plan (HMP)
- NRSWA 1991
- Traffic Management Act 2001
- Well Managed Highways 2016
- UK roads liaison group highway maintenance efficiency programme
- Infrastructure asset management guidance documents
- Herefordshire Local Transport Plan
- Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Any other current legislative documentation relating to asset management
- Who we will share your information with
The asset management team will process your data on behalf of Herefordshire Council. Asset management data is primarily asset related and does not include personal information, however, where there may be personal information. This will only be shared with third parties that have legal authority to have access to the information.
- How long we keep your personal information
Your data is kept in accordance with our retention schedule, available on Herefordshire Council's website.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information.
You also have a right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Further information
- Service web page